How we’re keeping you safe in clinic:
- Symptom screening procedures (active & passive)
- Frequent handwashing/Federally approved hand sanitizer available for staff and patients
- All staff wearing masks
- Increased surface cleaning and disinfection after each patient visit in treatment rooms
- Patients required to wear masks; available for purchase (at minimal cost)
- All visitors must wash their hands upon entering clinic
- Waiting area chairs will be distanced
- We are recommending patients, when possible to go straight in for your appointment to avoid gathering in the waiting area.
- No friends/family allowed to enter until further notice, (legal guardians and those supporting patients with a disability are permitted).
Disinfection and cleanliness has and will always be of utmost importance to our team. We have taken many extra pandemic precautions to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We disinfect and clean all contact surfaces including face cradles etc. during and in between appointments.
- We’ve added extra space in our reception area, added space between wait room chairs. Social distancing is easy in our common areas.
- To be honest, we’ve always had a high level of disinfection with wiping surfaces after each patient as part of our regular clinic hygiene routine. Nothing new there!
Wear a mask covering your mouth AND nose when in the Center and while receiving a treatment. We realize this is a big ask and not always comfortable. Keep in mind it’s for everyone’s protection due to the close contact nature of our services. If it doesn’t work for you, we totally understand and hope to see you at a later date!
BYOM (Bring your own mask) or buy one from us!
If you don’t have a mask or forget, no worries; one can be purchased for $1.00. Please do not enter the clinic without a mask. Text your therapist and they will bring one outside to you.
Screening before coming to the Center
As a Regulated Health Care Providers, we have been mandated by the Ministry of Health to screen everyone before they are permitted to enter the clinic. We are obligated to refuse treatment and advise for COVID-19 testing if you answer YES to any of the following questions/symptoms:
- Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory
- Illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have a recent onset of any of the following symptoms?
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause