Chinese Herbal Medicine
Available in person at our downtown Toronto clinic or online via telehealth.
Price: $85/45 minutes (first appointment) $70/30 minutes (follow up appointment)
Chinese Herbal Medicine is customized based on your body and symptoms
Traditional Chinese Herbal Therapy completes the full spectrum of Chinese Medicine care offered in our Bloor Yorkville Acupuncture clinic. We have decided to add this service for those clients who were seeking to enhance their acupuncture sessions and were asking us what else can they do to increase their overall health. Chinese Herb appointments can be done either in person or remotely in the comfort of your own home via telemedicine.
- The practice of Chinese Herbs works effectively to alleviate symptoms of disease.
- There are little to no side effects and the herbal ingredients are mainly plant based and natural.
- Each prescription is custom tailored and geared to work with your individual health constitution.
- Soothe your pain and nagging symptoms without exposing yourself to toxic side effects of pharmaceuticals.
- We ensure that our herbal prescriptions are tested and non-toxic, for your safety. In addition they are no fuss and easy to take.
Chinese Herbal Medicine rates & prices
|Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture Combo (in person)||135||75 minutes|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine 1st appointment/without Acupuncture (in person)||85||45 minutes|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine – Follow up/without Acupuncture (in person)||70||30 minutes|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine – Telehealth Virtual Appointment (1st appointment)||85||45 minutes|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine – Telehealth Virtual Appointment (Follow up session)||70||30 minutes|
How the service works
Chinese herbs can be administered at Acupuncture Center Toronto either as a standalone treatment (in person or via telemedicine). Appointments can be combined with an acupuncture session (in person only). The combination treatment is recommended as the perfect holistic medicine. approach.
- The combo treatment is appropriate for both existing patients as well as first time patients who wish to try both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs . Consultation would be included into your first treatment and intake takes approximately 15 minutes.
- During acupuncture you are passive, get to relax and have healing points stimulated. Keep in mind when it comes to taking Chinese Herbs, it’s up to you to make sure you are following the dosage recommended by your therapist.
- The amount of follow up visits depends on your condition. In most cases it would be suggested to check in for a period to ensure you body is seeing results and make sure the prescription and dosage is spot-on.
- Please note that the above price does not include the cost of the herbal prescription or required follow up visits. Once your therapist has completed a herbal consultation , they will present formula options and consult with you on the price of herbs which varies on the condition, length of time you need to be taking them and how quickly your body heals.
- Follow-up visit(s) or online teleheatlh appointments are required so that your therapist can check in on results, how you’re feeling, dosage and safety.
Vegetarians vegans and Allergies
- Please note most herbs we use are vegetarian/vegan however there are some animal based ingredients. Please indicate on your health intake form and tell your therapist if you do not wish any animal-based ingredients to be included in your formula.
- Please indicate on your intake form as well as letting your therapist know if you have any known allergies.
- We will happily accommodate any restrictions.
You can continue receiving acupuncture from your current Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) and see one of our Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners (R. TCMP) just for herbs. No extra forms required. Your file can be accessed by different therapists within our clinic and your case discussed amongst our team with your consent.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs help alleviate symptoms of pain and other medical conditions
At Acupuncture Center Toronto, like our other acupuncture services, you are never given a standard one-size-fits-all treatment. One on one personalized consultation ensures you will receive a winning combination of herbs consisting of plants, flowers and mineral compounds that will help meet your specific individual needs. Your therapist will carefully consider the therapeutic properties of each herb as well as its effect when combined with others. They will formulate their prescription for you out of over 450 herbs commonly used in Chinese Medicine.
Like acupuncture, herbal therapy history took thousands of years to develop and the medicine and its prescriptions have been perfected over time. Our Toronto acupuncture clinic hires the most knowledgeable practitioners. We curate tailored formulas of healing herbs to ensure a perfect blend of medicine just for you. Our herbal formulas ensure elimination of negative side effects and enhance positive health gains. Herbs can relieve many symptoms of health conditions you would see a medical doctor for. We have only touched on the most common conditions that are helped with herbs.
Chinese Herbs for Back, neck and shoulder pain
Herbal compounds for pain are effective anti-inflammatories. They are non-addictive and have been proven in alleviating all kinds of aches including, nerve, joint, muscle and all injuries. In Chinese medicine the treatment of pain involves finding the underlying reason why someone is suffering. Often the reason is seen as what’s known as “Bi syndrome”. Bi syndrome historically can be caused by exposure to wind, cold, dampness or heat. In other cases, such as with low back pain, the reason is often related to kidney weakness known as kidney yin, yang or qi deficiency. Kidneys govern the low back and overwork, stress and hereditary can play a part of weakening them. There are so many effective herbs that strengthen the kidneys and warm the muscles and bones to control pain. Chinese herbs provide quick and long-lasting relief. At Acupuncture Center Toronto we offer both internal and topical herbal prescriptions.
Chinese Herbs for Migraines and Headaches
We can help alleviate and eliminate chronic headaches! Chinese herbs are effective at reducing the frequency and intensity of headaches and migraines. Herbal medicine excels at investigating the complexities of all kinds of headaches by understanding the root cause of them. Many of the herbs used influence vasodilation of the capillaries and vessels and have an analgesic (painkilling) affect. A Chinese Herbs prescription can also soothe stress which is often a factor in relieving headaches. Patient’s goals of reducing or eliminating pharmaceutical medication can be achieved. After all aspirin was derived from willow bark which is a classic herb used in the treatment of headaches in Chinese medicine. We have tremendous success at treating headaches as we make our diagnosis based on location, quality of the pain, your organ health and other environmental influences. If pills such as Aspirin and Advil isn’t providing the long-term relief you need, we recommend booking a Chinese herb consultation.
Chinese Herbs for Digestive problems
Chinese herbs effectively treat many digestive conditions and symptoms. The formulas we use help rectify functional imbalances of digestive organs and sooth inflamed intestinal tissue. The stomach and spleen are regarded as important organs in our body’s digestive process’. Often, we see symptoms related to a weak spleen including loose stool, bloating and appetite irregularities. When the body gets stressed the liver becomes an organ that makes everything worse! Undiagnosed issues that western medicine can’t solve are often rectified with Chinese herbs. IBS, undiagnosed cramping, chronic bloating and frequent bowel disorders are all indicated for treatment. In addition to administering herbs, your therapist will also be able to make Chinese medicine dietary suggestions to achieve treatment goals.
Chinese Herbs for Insomnia and Sleep
Chinese herbal medicine can help settle the mind, sedate the nervous system and help you fall/stay asleep. Insomnia is undoubtedly one of the most common conditions we treat in clinic. We can replenish the body’s reserves (yin) from burnout which is often a vicious cycle of more stress, more insomnia and increased fatigue. We provide customizable solutions to insomnia based around your sleep hygiene, when you have difficulty sleeping as well as other related diagnostic factors. Sleep is SO important for your health and has a domino effect on your energy, concentration, immunity and ability to function. Chinese Medicine has many different interpretations and treatment options for insomnia. Sleep is related to our spirit, blood and the heart and kidneys in Chinese medicine. Without enough blood or “yin” your mind can’t settle into a peaceful sleep. The treatment will also relieve other related emotional symptoms including anxiety, irritability and depression.
Chinese Herbs for Stress and mental health related issues
Stress induced health issues include migraines, jaw tension, digestive conditions and if kept unchecked has been proven to lead to serious diseases. Being in downtown Toronto, we are experts in understanding the mechanism of how stress affects our patients. Long term stress has been proven to be related to heart disease, ulcers, stroke and depression. Let us customize a formula to reduce your stress, ground you and make your feel at ease. Let Chinese herbs smooth emotional turbulence and physical effects that stress is creating. Nourish your mind and spirit with a gentle non-addictive lift from this valuable natural medicine.
Chinese herbs for Fertility and Reproductive Issues
Chinese herbs influence sexual and reproductive functioning. We can help bring fresh blood to the uterus and reproductive organs to regulate menstruation, stop cramping and reduce unwanted PMS symptoms. Herbs can help alleviate endometriosis, uterine fibroids and PSOS. We have seen great results in clinic in treating infertility and other fertility issues. Certain herbs have been found to increase estrogen production, improve ovulation and reduce testosterone levels. Hormone regulation with Chinese Herbs and acupuncture is often a winning combination.