Moxibustion at Acupuncture Center Toronto at no extra cost- We use both Chinese and Japanese style moxibustion techniques. Moxibustion involves heating the skin and acupuncture points with mugwort (healing herb). It works wonders for breaking down knots and blocking pain receptors. It’s also terrific for warming up the body in cold weather and is a fantastic energizer.
Moxibustion, or “Moxa” is an ancient therapy that uses heat to heal the body. It consists of burning of the herb Mugwart (Artemesia Vulgaris) on Acupuncture specific points/areas on or over the skin. We use it in conjunction with shiatsu and Acupuncture. You can think of it as one of the tools in our Chinese medicine toolbox. It usally takes a few minutes and is incorporated into the cost of a treatment. It has an instantaneous penetrative and healing effect that goes deep within the body.
What can moxa do for you?
- Moxa has been proven to increase the amount of healing white blood cells in the area in which it is used.
- It blocks pain receptors and relieves symptoms such as aching throbbing and twinging discomfort.
- It reduces pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis. Especially if symptoms are worse in damp weather.
- It is used to break down scar tissue, nodules and “knots” It stimulates the function of acupuncture points.
- It helps strengthen and repair the digestive system- great for irritable bowel and constipation.
- Fatigue and lethargy
- Amazing for weak and painful low back and knees.
- Pregnancy- used for breech position and can naturally induce labour for past due dates.